Good thing we had Manong Leonard’s no. as our contact for the van and a tour guide in one. We set the day for the tour on May 31, 2008. We only spent the car rent for Php 2,500 for the whole trip (arrival and departure). But we had a discount!!! Yahoo! The only surprising thing that happened a day before we went to Bohol, my other team mates backed out! Glad to know that another girl friend of mine also wanted to join! There were 4 of us on tour, my girl friend’s boyfriend catch up to our cottage accommodation late in the afternoon.
And what would be our itinerary then? Everywhere our driver-tour guide will lead us to! He was so kind and very loquacious in his native tongue which got us quite entertained in the Toyota Corolla car we rented. I would enumerate the place we’ve been too. So you might have an idea if you wish to visit Bohol. Read below:
“We departed Cebu thru Ocean Jet at 9:20 AM and we arrived in Tagbilaran wharf at 11:30 AM”
As soon as our feet touch the land of Bohol, we had Manong Leonard brought us to the Immaculada church to pray for safety for the whole trip and giving thanks for a safe arrival.
– we also shopped for some groceries and liquor (yeah!!!) that we might need for an overnight stay at the beach. We spent PHP 500.00
*Dumaluan Beach Resort in Panglao
– tourists share common comfort rooms in a certain nook but it’s clean and well-maintained. Note: it is exclusive to those who are renting the private “Kubo”. Actually, there are 6 CRs with shower, 2 outside shower stands, 4 urinals with shower as well, and 3 sinks where you can wash your dishes. Rent charge: PHP 1,000. You will only add PHP 150/head for additional beddings
– the resort offers room service massage until 10:00 pm for PHP 250.00 only
– we arrived at the resort around 2:30. Took time to rest for an hour. Lavished the beach’s sunkissed waters and white sands (like Bora!). It’s perfect for pictorials! And at twilight, you can sit along near the shore and have your private moments.
– we had dinner at their grilling place (walking distance from our cottage). We spent PHP 125 each for dinner including drinks. Obviously, we ordered stuff that could be grilled! Tsk tsk tsk.
-after dinner, we had our drinking session. Pio made his GSM mixes. We call it, Pio’s Juice mixes. Enough to make us feel tipsy and drooled us in the beach for a night swimming escapade. We slept around 11:30 PM.
-we woke up at 6:00 AM and felt the sunrise touch our bare skin. Took time to float in the cold waters, strolled the shoreline, and of course, the pictorials! Nothing more to say!
-we checked out from the resort by 8:00 AM
-we toured the place where you can experience their local massage called “HILOT”
-it is also educational as we learned a lot about bees and their importance in the ecosystem. And some interesting facts on the sexes! You need to go there to find out! ?
*Blood Compact shrine
*Loboc River Cruise
*Python haven- Prony!
*Island Souvenirs Shop
– they are on sale! We availed of the discounts! And Hola! Shopping for pasalubongs. This depends on your shopping budget. If you have spared 2k for it, that’s enough to bring home some goodies to friends and family!!!
Total Budget for the trip: More or less Php 3,500.00/head.
Note: the many the merrier, the less money you spent!
The complete photos of our tour is here!
Pls. also visit: http://foodelity.net